Everyone remembers 2006’s Wedding of the Year. Yup, I’m talking about Siti Nurhaliza and Datuk K’s grand till-death-do-us-part event. Other than the nationwide coverage and congested roads leading to
“ Why Datuk K? Why did she choose a 47-year-old man to become her prince? ”
Haven’t you heard of fate or qada’ and qadar? Love conquers all. That’s why. Enough said.
Life begins at 40, or so they claim. This explains a lot of the encounters I've had with the particular group of men!
1. When I was staying in Melawati, A ( age: 40-something ) was so smitten by me that he drove me all the way to my office via the congested Genting Klang Road and offered to render the service every day! NOTE: He could either be very rich, didn't have to work for a living or he could be someone's driver.
2. B, a 40-something self-claimed national athlete ( hey... I was and still am a 'kaki bangku'... I don't do sports, okay! ), claimed that he had a liking for me and offered me to become his girl during our first meet. NOTE: What does a relationship and a sports meet have in common? I bolted like a scared rabbit!
3. A musician friend tried to fix me up with another 40-something friend. NOTE: I grew up watching P. Ramlee's "Ibu Mertuaku", so I didn't think it was a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing againts music men: but the thought of blood oozing out of someone's eyes is NOT my idea of happiness.
Why do people claim that life begins at 40? It might be due to this: As one grows older, one grows more confident and ambitious ( both men and women alike ) – especially when it comes to the affair of the hearts. This might give us an explanation to the likes of Datuk K, Melawati guy and the athlete ( or used to be one ).
Therefore, it took me by surprise when a 40-something friend ( male, of course ) confided in me that he found the idea of female associates going after him ( a happily married man ) as alarming. “ Are they blind or what?” he proclaimed.
I was equally shocked. " Is he for real or what? " Anyway, I found out much later that .... NAY, he wasn't for real either! LOL.... You know what I mean!
No comments:
Post a Comment